Friday, January 28, 2011

Past Project Friday

Every Friday I will be posting some sort of crafty project that I have completed in the past.  It could be anything from baking, to sewing, needlecrafts, art, decorating, etc.

So back in the day (okay, 3 years ago) someone posted this embroidery pattern on CuteOverload.  I went ahead and stitched the pattern and turned it into this sweet little market tote.

Caturday tote

I sent a photo of the completed project back to CuteOverload and they ended up posting it up on their site.  I opened up an Etsy shop purely for the purpose of selling this bag - which I did in a mere 10 minutes of the post going up.  I ended up making 4 more bags and sold 3 of them before closing down shop.


Have you ever tried to explain Caturday to someone who's never heard of it?  People would ask what I was working on and they'd stare blankly at me as I jarbled on about lolcats and icanhascheezburger.

For sale in my etsy shop!!

Anyways, I recently found that last Caturday bag while unpacking and decided to go ahead and relist it in my Etsy shop.  

And I apologize for the bare bones nature of my shop, I've really only used it to sell those couple of items.  I've been wanting to get it up and running lately, but I really need to sit down and think about what I want to focus on selling.  My difficulty with crafting is that I like to jump from crocheting to quilting to cake decorating to apparel sewing to scrapbooking, etc. etc.  It's hard for me to settle down and focus on just one medium.  

Well, baby's in bed and I've got the night to myself!  Heading down to the studio to cut out the pieces for a new duvet cover.  Enjoy your weekend and Happy Caturday! 

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to open up an etsy shop too, but I'm like you and can't narrow it down to what I want to focus on. Too many things I love to work on!

    ReplyDelete