Monday, August 29, 2011

Coffee table before & after

Remember this little guy?  Of course you do!  I just posted this before shot a couple of days ago.

Coffe table - before

I picked him up at an estate sale for a mere $3.  Yup three whole dollars.  

And with one child free weekend, some white paint, Mod Podge, and fabric from my stash, my little thrifty find was transformed into....

_DSC2294

The cutest darn coffee table you've ever seen!

_DSC2290

After sanding, priming, and painting the legs, I cut a piece of fabric to fit the table top and glued it down with Mod Podge Hard Coat.  It's actually still not quite finished, as I have a couple more coats of Mod Podge to apply to the surface, but aside from building up a good topcoat it's pretty much done.

_DSC2296

And isn't this fabric just fantastic?!  I found it at Hancock's not too long ago for a mere $4 a yard.  It actually looks suspiciously similar to some of these Orla Kiely prints, with some variations.  Unfortunately there is absolutely no information on the selvedge (it's printed edge to edge), so it stands to remain a mystery....

8 comments:

  1. Great idea and fabric choice. You have a great "eye" for putting things together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an awful lot like the orla you linked to. If they still have it the info should be on the bolt end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My blog friend, Kat, sent me over to look at this. Awesome job!! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a neat idea! I love your neato couch, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that at hancock's last year when I lived in Texas. I bought a little of it. You are right. It looks suspiciously like that other stuff.

    ReplyDelete