Sunday, September 11, 2011

A little baby sewing

_DSC2317

I still haven't gotten around to sewing anything for my own upcoming arrival, but I did manage to finish some baby things for some other pregnant friends - and oh boy, there seem to be a lot of them popping up lately!

_DSC2320

I made a couple of these simple blankets out of some cute pieces of flannel that I'd been saving in case I ever had a boy.  Since pink is the only thing in my near future, I thought another baby boy might as well enjoy them.  

I made tons of these when Phoebe was born, simply by squaring up a yard of flannel, then hemming the edges.  Most receiving blankets never seemed to be big enough, or were always rectangular and not good for swaddling.  These are the perfect size for spreading on the floor, being discrete while nursing, covering a carseat, and of course, swaddling!

Here's Phoebe wrapped up in one of hers when she was just two days old <3

_DSC2321

Burp cloths were another thing I could never seem to have enough of, and I found that flannel backed in chenille really got the job done and kept them from looking totally disgusting in between washes.

_DSC2324

And of course, what new baby doesn't need a Mooshy Belly Bunny?  You can find the free tutorial right here.

2 comments:

  1. Everything you make looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful set of gifts! I'm sure they will be used all the time.

    ReplyDelete