Friday, December 9, 2011

Stopping to enjoy the season

Christmas is always crazy and busy and hectic, but this year is all the more so with my due date looming a mere 2 weeks after Santa's visit.  Throw on top of that an incredibly nasty virus that invaded our house over a week ago, took out the entire family, and yet still hasn't left.  Sigh.

In between all of the cough medicine, hot tea, and holding down a screaming toddler about 50 times a day to wipe her faucet of a snotty nose, I've made a little bit of progress around the house.  Some Christmas presents have been made, decorations are going up bit by bit, baby projects are coming along, and I have finally started setting up the nursery.  But I could definitely use a couple extra weeks - and a whole lot more energy! 


I took a break tonight to relax on the couch and work on some popcorn and cranberry garland while watching White Christmas.  Definitely one of my favorite holiday traditions - and our tree is looking a bit naked without it.

Be sure to come back Monday since I'll once again be participating in Sew Mama Sew's Giveaway Day!  It's been tons of fun in years past and this time will be no exception! 

No comments:

Post a Comment