Thursday, March 22, 2012

Five Fabricaholics

DSC_0003

I am so incredibly lucky to have made four wonderful, amazing, talented, and pretty darn crack-me-up-hilarious friends who share my love of sewing, quilting, and all things fabric.  Even better - they live right in the same town as me (two of them within walking distance).  Another plus - one of them owns her own fabric shop, so we're always surrounded by (and spending way too much money on) gorgeous fabric.  

We get together quite often at our Modern Quilt Guild meetings, Rae's Crafty Meetups, and many of our own sewing nights to gossip about blogs, talk about the latest fabric lines, and of course, SEW!
DSC_0004

Last night's get together included a scrap swap, and yes - that is Brenda, owner of Pink Castle Fabrics, that is currently being buried in scraps by Natalie of Greenleaf Goods and Ashley - who really needs to start a blog of her own! Omg - Ashley does have a blog!  Nobody tells me anything...SassafrasGirl.  Anna of Woollykat was standing off camera, probably thinking, "these people are out of control".

Let's do it again soon, girls!  Who's free this weekend?


9 comments:

  1. Ashley's Blog:
    http://sassafrasgirl.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I'm jealous of your close proximity to your sewing friends! (and a great LQS!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...wish we could all meet up :) So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aahh that looks like great fun ;-)) have a fun weekend, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous! None of my sewing/crafty/fabric loving friends live close!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!!! Brenda looks right at home in those scraps! And I didn't know Ashley had started a blog, either-- I'm so glad she did!
    I'll email you about sewing this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like a total blast! I'm jealous. although I'm going to a little meet up this weekend and I can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you gals are my kind of people - wish i could have been there to join in the madness!


    p.s. looks like there might have been a little wine mixed in with those scraps, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess I need to come to one of the AA modern quilt guild meetings. You guys meet on Wednesday's and so does my other quilt group and I am the one that runs that so it's difficult to get away, but this so makes me want to try. I think I need to meet up with you guys IRL!

    ReplyDelete